Thread: Badge Trends?
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 05:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psusue View Post
Maybe this is kind of a far out idea but it kind of looks to me like a Phi Mu Delta badge converted into a Phi Mu Alpha one. Like they took out the middle stone and redid the enamel (it kind of looks to me, when you look close, that there is a small indent in the middle of the Sinfonia 'S' like where a jewel would be). No idea why they'd do all that and leave the delta intact, unless they tried to change it and it didn't go so well (i.e. they meant to add the little legs to make the delta into an 'A' and it failed).

Other idea was that maybe it was a brother of Phi Mu Alpha and Phi Mu Delta and he wanted to combine the two badges to represent both of his organizations. No idea if that would even be okay with either organization, but it does make for quite a unique piece.
That's an interesting thought, but the other letters look so different between the two badges. I like the idea that the member would be a member of both and include the delta on his PMA badge to recognize his PMD membership...BUT then again, I'm not a member of PMA so I can't be offended if that could.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!