View Single Post
Old 07-26-2008, 09:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephant Walk View Post
Because UNC totally counts as a Southern school to begin with.

Chi Psi isn't even Big 4 there, Phi Delt, Deke, Beta and Phi Gam are.

Not a strong chapter. My sorority friends at UNC say you go Big 4 or don't go Greek at all. And yes, I'm pretty sure we've covered this before.
Even though UNC is not a SEC school, it still has the same southern atmosphere of born and bred southern belles and inherent "frattiness" that is so essential to the SEC schools (though obviously not as cutthroat & competitive as far as recruitment goes and the overwhelming focus on a GLO for any kind of social life). Obviously you've never been to Chapel Hill if you think otherwise. North Carolina sure as hell isn't anything but "South" in terms of geographically, historically, and its various traditions. Its flagship school reflects it.

haha & the big 4 IS big 4 merely because of tradition- nothing else, really, these days though they are very strong chapters. In terms of popularity with sorority girls, I can think of a handle of other fraternities outside the big four that are more frequent hang outs for the born and breed sorority girls. There are several chapters outside the Big 4 that are strong and there is a vibrant Greek social scene outside the big 4. Greek life doesn't revolve around the upper-tier fraternities at Carolina. Who would've thought?

Last edited by thislullaby; 07-26-2008 at 09:52 PM.