View Single Post
Old 03-30-2019, 07:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Havana View Post
From a story in The Hollywood Reporter a couple days ago:

At USC, Loughlin's daughter, Instagram influencer Olivia Jade, hasn't been seen at the Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority she pledged in January. "I don't think she's still considered a member," says one person familiar with the sorority, which held its initiation the weekend of March 23. "I don't think she'll come back, I don't foresee that happening."

"One mother of a Brentwood School senior cops to scouring Singer's Facebook page for friends she and the counselor have in common — and questioning what his relationship to those parents might entail (Loughlin often sang Singer's praises to other members at the Bel Air Bay Club, where she and Giannulli belong, according to several sources). "People are fucking pissed off at these cheaters," says the Brentwood mom. "This paints all of us in a really bad light. My kid scored over a 1500 on the SAT. No extra time. No payoff. Just hard work, and [the kid] is beyond stressed out about college because of these other kids who are cheating. It's kids like mine who lose."

Here is my problem with this statement. This mother thinks her child never had any advantage and she is wrong. While her child didn't cheat, they still have advantages over the majority of high school students by the parents buying a "premium" education at the private Brentwood school. The child probably also had the benefit of the parents paying for additional tutoring and SAT prep classes.