View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 11:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
I honestly think the people who think up things like this have zero idea what a chapter meeting is actually like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneSig View Post
What we are questioning is the universal suspension on all Greek activities, especially chapter meetings. I do not know about other organizations, but my own uses the ritual that binds us at 90% of our meetings. It's the ritual that brings us together and unifies/bonds us.

My personal opinion is that the university should provide the chapter presidents and IFC/NPHC/NPC/MGLO reps with as much on going information as possible. Then, allow the chapters to conduct chapter meetings so that information can be dispensed by the officers and reps to their chapter members. Having the information can help stop rumors and also let the members know that the university admin is trying to work with Greek Life orgs instead of just playing dictator.
All of this.

If anything, I would think that these schools would want chapter meetings to continue, assuming they know what they accomplish. The school can still make rules surrounding them (e.g. the meetings must be held in certain locations on campus, there has to be at least one advisor in attendance, etc.), but to restrict members from meeting with each other seems counterproductive.

@~/~~~~