View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 07:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to WVU alpha phi
Luckily, I've never had to deal with a really tragic situation in my life. The time that sisterhood sticks out for me happened when a boyfriend broke up with me.

We'd been dating on and off for nearly a year and although it wasn't a really long time, it was a pretty serious relationship. We were long distance when he broke up with me, and it hit me out of nowhere. At the start of Thanksgiving break, he came down and stayed with me for the weekend and left telling me he "felt like we've never been stronger than we are now." Three days later, after unanswered phone calls and me even resorting to calling his house just to make sure he was OK, he called me at 4 in the morning and broke up with me with absolutely no explanation.
I was DEVASTATED. We'd had a very up-and-down relationship but I felt blindsided since things had gone so well when he visited less than a week before. To make things worse, I was left thinking I had done something wrong since he wouldn't give me a reason why he dumped me.
I was so upset that I didn't feel like going back to school after break (you know when you're upset sometimes all you want to do is be at home and taken care of). I called one of my sisters on the way back, crying, and told her what had happened. A lot of my good friends were sick of the relationship (like I said, it was problematic) and sick of hearing me cry about him, only to have things back to normal the next day. Nevertheless, this sister realized how hurt I was. When I got back to school, she came over the sorority house with my favorite snacks and a cheerful, thoughtful card. It made me feel so much better knowing that I could count on her and she was willing to listen to whatever I had to say.