View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 11:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Open House:

Please bear in mind that it has been a long time, so I can't tell you about each house. I will tell you about the most memorable.

The first house that my group went to was the house where I had a rec. We waited in the heat when suddenly...yes, you know what happened! Boom! Boom! A hundred screaming girls came out of the house singing their song. I must have taken a step back because it was frightening surreal. A quick appraisal said that I could fit in there. We went inside and the usual pairings happened. We talked and things went fine. I wasn't astounded, but I fit in rather well. (At that time I did some modeling and acting, but I wasn't tall.) The girl that I spoke with had been briefed that I had a rec because she made reference to my cousin's school. I left feeling ok, not overwhelmed, but fine.

The second house I remember because those twenty minutes were the longest of my life. This was the most "popular" house on campus. The girl and I just didn't click. No fault here or there. We just didn't click. In fact she put her hands behind her back and signaled her sister to relieve her. This happens...in rush and in life. Move on.

I went to three houses that left no impression at this late date. I imagine that they were ok...no sparks.

Last house of the day: By this time I was used to the banging and screaming. I went into this house and met a girl who should have been my best friend. We talked 20 minutes straight, laughed the whole time. We knew some people in common, despite the fact she lived in a different part of the metropolis. (That's about an hour plus from where I live). I found it a bit strange that despite the fact that she lived in a very...ok...here comes the brutally honest part of the story, the little secret that was a part of sororities at that time....non Jewish part of town...she knew a lot of Jews from my part of town. Weird I remember thinking. We hated that the bell signalled the end of the party. And my new best friend told me she was thrilled to have met me. I didn't doubt her honesty. (And I don't doubt it to this day...because of what happened later.)

The next set of parties...tomorrow.