View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 03:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeV86 View Post
I'm lost what do a persons clothes have to do with being in a fraternity?
In reply to your question I copied my earlier comment as I believe it speaks to the issue. I submit that regarding clothes, it is more a matter of how one wears them rather than their labels and brand identifications. Preoccupation with labels and specific brands suggests a terribly shallow outlook.

Copied from my last posting:

"Hmmm... I get the feeling that this thread went down the "path of the right label". Fratty as a term of description grates on my eardrums but whatever. The point, I think, is that simply put - the way a fraternity man dresses is the way a fraternity man dresses. It has less to do with brands and more to do with attitude and confidence. When you can walk into a gathering of dozens or even hundreds and you are dressed differently than everyone else and THEY immediately realize THEY are dressed wrong then you have it.
The real "old row" houses could give a damn less where you buy your clothes but rather how you wear them. Confidence and attitude. Yes, there is a bit of arrogance attached to it, but not too much. You know that what you do is right by the simple fact that you do it. You just don't make a big deal about it. So, 'relaxed' is a big part of it as well.
I would look hard and think twice about any house that was too overtly label conscious. A gentleman does not wear his tailor's label on the outside of his clothes."