View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 08:53 PM
GreekChat Member

As an IU alum with friends who are recruitment advisors on our campus. IU is NOT a campus where you absolutely have to have recs. I can assure you that they majority of girls at IU do not have recs or have one or two. Personal connections and high school connections are more important than recs. Two years ago, I helped a group of girls from my hometown plus one of their roommates. One had no recs at all, but was a legacy to one chapter. She had a full schedule each round, highly desirable chapters and chose her legacy chapter. The roommate had two recs and was a legacy to a chapter. All three cut her after first round. She ended up a great chapter for her. One had 6 or 7 recs and was cut first round from all of them and chose one of the unhoused chapters. The last girl had the same 6 or 7 recs as the previous girl, was cut from all and dropped out of recruitment. IU is unpredictable. Bottom line, recs cannot hurt you. But there is also no definitive evidence they are truly helpful. Do not expect the cursory next round invitation just because you have a rec to a chapter.

PS...those of you saying recs are a must at IU, did any of you or your relatives go through IU recruitment?

Last edited by IndianaSigKap; 08-31-2014 at 09:11 PM.