Thread: MRABA Appeals?
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2020, 12:23 AM
GreekChat Member

So many accusatory people responding who don't know the full story of either times I rushed and want to call me ungrateful. To update, I have heard directly from the recruitment chair of the chapter that I wanted that I was high enough on their list to get a bid before they reached quota. Everyone in that chapter was spamming the recruitment chairs with texts when they saw my name wasn't on the list on bid day. What we suspect happened is that my second choice ranked me high enough that my preference was overridden in order to fill my second choice's pledge class. I talked to a representative of panhellenic at my school and she said it was possible. I realize my original post sounded ungrateful but imagine how frustrating it is to know your first choice sorority with all of your friends in it wanted you and you wanted them so badly but they system matched you to a different one. They constantly talk about how it is a mutual selection process but I didn't get a say at all. I don't think I will appeal and will try to make the best of the situation but please try to understand why I am upset.