View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 01:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tld221 View Post
at the same time, i suppose it depends on what type of food. i figure a candy bar/ice cream cone/can of soda is no big deal. but burgers, fries, burritos, wraps... then there's room for people to feel some kinda way.

what about on public transit? I know DC's metro has a strict food/drink policy but you could probably eat a 3-course meal on NYC transit and no one would bat an eye.
I used to live on Miami transit and yeah, they have a no food/beverage policy. Often, my only chance to eat was while traveling on my 2 hour commute (each way) to and from school. I've taken everything from a cereal bar and carton of milk to a Tupperware container with last night's leftovers, dessert and a drink. I've eaten to-go food from a restaurant on the bus but I quit doing that when people starting coming up to me asking for money or food.

As for the original question, I'd rather sit and enjoy a home cooked meal with family and friends than walking around eating some sort of fast food concoction.

"Life is service. The one who progresses is the one who gives his fellow human beings a little more, a little better service." - E. M. Statler 1863 - 1928