View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 02:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Home

Mom felt so badly for me. She was really confused by how I could have been released (I'm sure no mother understands how their daughter could be released!) and was really irritated that she was not notified by Florida, her sorority, per their guidelines. Apparently her mom, the Texas, was not notified either... We were unhappy campers all around.

I had never been so happy to attend a school only 2 hours away from home. Mom and I had a nice girly day: shopping, movies, chocolate, more chocolate. She said to keep my head and standards high. There is no way to come out on top when you feel beaten down.

Later in the evening, I drove back to school. My roommate had prefed at Kansas and Iowa and was suiciding Kansas.
My best friend prefed at Texas Utah and Ohio and ranked them in that order.
Other friends had Kansas Maine and Florida.
I was happy for them all, but was completely jealous. It was a really difficult situation to be in for me.

I spent all day of bid day at the barn prepping horses for a show. Roommate accepted her bid from Kansas along with 4 girls on my hall. Best friend got Texas. I put on my best happy faces for them and kept on truckin.