View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 02:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Pref

Our Rho Chis told us that the cuts before Pref would be hefty and not to worry if our schedules are not full. We would hear from our Rho Chis by 11:00 pm after Tours if we were released.
I woke up at 5:00 and was elated that I didn't get any late night calls. By 6:00 I was all but a pair of pumps away from prefs when my phone rang. It was one of my Rho Chis... She said she was so, so sorry and has no idea how this happened... but no houses invited me back for pref round. I was completely distraught. I didn't understand how that could happen (I was having a pretty smooth rush) and why I was finding out now?! She didn't know. She didn't receive any notification from the computer matching system about mismitching last night, and when she went to print my schedule this morning, I had no parties. She said she would put me on a snap/ COB list, but that those options were not likely as there were a record number of PNMs participating.

I texted my best friends who were rushing and wished them well, gave my roomie a hug, and drove home for the day.