View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 11:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theevensteven View Post
I’m a non-Greek student dating a sorority girl. We’ve been dating for four years
now. We started dating in high school and now we both go to the same university. About two months ago, I slept over at my girlfriends sorority house for the night. I slept in her room in a sleeping bag. When I woke up the next morning, my girlfriend and I went downstairs for breakfast. I disposed a couple of glass bottles (wasn’t beer or any alcoholic beverage). The next thing I know the house mother. She pulled me over to the office room in the house and began going over the chapter rules and questioning me. She wanted to know whether or not there was any suspicious activity going on last night and whether or not I drank anything last night. I answered all the questions. In the end I got off with a warning while my girlfriend was fined for violating some rules within the chapter.

Anyway, why do sorority houses have such strict rules against guys sleeping over? Is it to prevent the possibility of rape? I mean I’m not that type of guy that’s addicted to having sex or sleeping with multiple girls. Can someone please explain the reasoning behind this policy?
A sorority house is for the members of the chapter. NOT for men to use or crash. It is for their safety, as well as yours. Those are the rules of private housing which you need to respect. From now on, go home. Your GF may be facing some serious repercussions for your actions.