View Single Post
Old 09-25-2015, 12:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Skype™ to rileykae
GREAT NEWS GUYS!

I'm super happy to report some very exciting news!

After meeting with Crowley for coffee and to discuss several things (why I wanted to go Greek/what I was looking for in a sorority/past leadership and community service/volunteer experiences and such) - I recieved a phonecall at 11:30 pm last night.

Because they're a smaller group (they only have about ten actives right now) they have a bit of an unconventional way of doing things, but that works just fine for me.

I was offered a bid, which I am accepting...to join Crowley - who's also known as
Phi Sigma Sigma Rho Sorority!

A little bit about the group since it's local and virtually no one except my school/community/the members know about it:
- the colours are black and red
- the mascot is the panther (also my school's mascot)
- their philanthropies are Sojourner Family Peace Center and Feeding America
- their values are scholarship, loyalty, individuality, multiculturalism, and service
- they were founded in 2000
- their flower is a red rose

I really feel like I've found my home with these girls, and I can't wait to become part of their sisterhood and grow as a person with some wonderful sisters by my side.

Thank you for all the continued support and good luck, but I truly believe I've now found where I need to be.

(Side question- Because it's a local sorority, I guess I really can't post that much on here because no one will know what I'm talking about half the time...is there a page for locals or should I just post in the general threads about the common stuff that occurs? bigxlittle/formal/recruitment ect...)