View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 06:00 AM
GreekChat Member

You didn't mention it but I'm assuming this is a fairly large chapter. You seem like a practical girl. I think you can see that there are a lot of women in the chapter you don't know yet. You'll connect with plenty of girls later on. I hate the 6 week pledge period for just this reason. It's too fast to start to cut through the fake and get to the real people. And don't get yourself worked up about the Big thing. She will just be one of many friends in the house. You're not marrying her! But it seems to have gotten really blown out of whack with all the gifts and stuff the last few years. So much pressure! But the fact is for many the big/little relationship isn't the OMG I love you thing it is for others. And that's ok.

Stick with it. The girls who seem like they're having more fun than you ever will are probably faking it. Or they're great at just jumping in and acting the part. You are not unusual in your hesitation.