View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 10:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Why so much hatred for Alumnae initiates?

Hello, I have been on here for a few months now reading all the alumnae initiation postings and it seems that there is a general theme that many members spew that is just plain snarky and mean towards people who want to be in a sorority/fraternity.
I have been seriously considering doing AI for some time ,and just not for a cute t shirt with letters ,but for the bonding experience sisterhood could offer me way past my college days. I went to a greek school and I partied with Greeks ,and had many greek friends, but I just could not commit if I wanted to graduate and work at the same time.
Because of finances, work, grades,etc..... I felt I missed the one thing I always wanted, a special bond shared by a select few. I'm not at the age to party ,nor do I want to ,but I am of age to impart life lessons and wisdom as an sister/advisor (could do ) and still feel like I am apart of a group socially that comes together because of membership and philanthropy .
I just don't understand why members here slam potential members. I mean seriously is that what your groups taught you?
From what I understand membership does not stop at graduation. There are many who wanted to join ,but couldn't. So this is an avenue that they can bring a wealth of experience as alumnae ,and that groups could possibly benefit from.
I just hate reading the negativity that is hashed around on this topic. You all should embrace interested candidates instead of isolating yourself from them and looking your nose down at them.

Eagle Scout mom!