View Single Post
Old 08-06-2005, 09:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JocelynC
*DO NOT THINK THAT BADMOUTHING ONE CHAPTER IS GOING TO MAKE YOU LOOK GOOD TO THE OTHERS. It won't. It just makes you look like a TACKY GOSSIP. There was a girl who came through this past recruitment (2004) and I guess she didn't like a particular house (which if you go to Kent you know this is one of the top groups, good girls and everything). She made no secret of it.

Well I happened to rush her during 2nd party. Here's how the convo went:

Me: Hi Patty (fake name), welcome back to Sigma. How are you today?

Patty: I just came from AB and their craft sucked really bad, they made us do this stupid thing. I hope I don't go back there tomorrow. They're all catty and fake.

Me: So, what did you do last night?

I just changed the subject really quickly, but there were alot of my sisters and girls from other chapters who said she did the SAME thing at their party.

She thought trashtalking AB was going to work to her advantage, but it backfired. She got cross cut. Moral of the story- just don't talk about other houses at other houses parties.
This doesn't really apply to me, because I'm not looking to join a sorority (I've gotten involved in other activities, but a lot of my friends are Greek), but what if Patty had said "I just came from the AB house, and their craft was really fun and cute, and the girls were really nice. But I'm having lots of fun at Sigma, and I think you girls are really nice too?" Would that have been okay, or could it have been construed as either favouring AB over Sigma, or just sucking up?