View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 12:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joliebelle View Post
For those who have been to Convention before, how formal do people dress for the Awards dinner and Pink Carnation banquet? I'm having a hard trouble finding something formal to wear that fits and is in my price range
Award dinner is definitely a short dress...little black dress, evening wedding guest dress, cocktail dress, nice dress/suit, etc. For the Pink Carnation Banquet, You will see everything from short cocktail dresses to long formal gowns with sequins. IC will all be in long gowns. You tend to see more alumnae in long gowns and more collegians in the short dresses collegians are wearing to chapter formals nowadays. I've worn a black cocktail dress with beading, a sleeveless long gown with a beaded bodice, and a dressy black skirt with a beaded jacket/tank. It's just like formal night on a cruise, if you've done that. I've worn the same things to both.

I've found this is a good time to find mother-of-the-bride, post-prom dresses on sale at department stores (Younkers is near us and that's where I've shopped). You can find a good variety to match your age status.

Last edited by Sciencewoman; 06-28-2014 at 12:13 PM.