View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 01:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAMOMof4 View Post
I just talked to my daughter on the way to class and she is still not comfortable. She's worried that her Gamma Chi may have dropped the ball by not calling her and she'll show up in the lobby in her white dress and feel like a fool! I can't say I blame her for being cautious. She says there are lots of stories going around and "misstatements" of truth, if you know what I mean. One story that she heard is that 600/1300 have been cut or withdrew. That seems unusually high. Does anyone have any inside info? Also, I told her to call the panhellenic office and just ask. Her Gamma Chi did not reply to her text today. It's possible she's in class, but DD's worried that the GC does not want to be the one to break bad news so is avoiding it. Any thoughts, ideas or info?
Bless her. If bids at today at 5:30 and she hasn't heard from her Gamma Chi by now then I'd say she has a bid for sure! There is no way her Gamma Chi "dropped the ball" or is avoiding breaking the news to her...they can't do that. Just based on what I know from girls who rushed this week at Bama and AU, I would say that if she didn't get a call first thing this morning then all is well. My daughter's Pi Chi texted her her party schedule after the 3rd round of cuts at like 6:00 a.m. Thursday morning. I almost had a heart attack running to my phone when my daughter texted me right after that.

I hope you're going to see her get her bid!