View Single Post
Old 09-15-2015, 11:40 AM
GreekChat Member

As I recall from submitting bid lists in the past, ICS didn't allow the chapter to list anyone who didn't attend pref unless they were specifically excused and therefore still on the party list. That may be campus-specific in the settings however - perhaps a FSA can confirm that.

I was a CA and Panhellenic advisor on a campus that did hand bid matching and per the Green Book process, the PNMs choices always prevail in that a PNM on the first bid list of a chapter will always match to that chapter of they are also her first choice.

When we hand matched, an advisor from each chapter came with their bid list and verbally verified each match as we made it. We'd go through each PNM (alphabetically) and read her first choice. If she was on first list for that chapter, she matched. If not, she got placed in a round two stack and we began matching again. The second run of matching started to get into the second bid list so it required some meticulous attention to where the bar was moving for that pool/batch.

The process confined until everyone was matched who had maximized their options. Women who did not maximize only matched if their choices did not fill before they came up.