View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 12:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhoyaltempest View Post
I guess they put their heart into that one routine and teach that to every new team member. That may or may not be a bad thing and here's why...

For those who don't know (I know rhoyaltempest knows this ):

Step teams create routines and they sometimes have an "exhibition version" and a "competition version." Good shows take a very long time to create, teach, learn, and implement WELL (anyone can step like crap--stepping well takes some level of skill, dedication, and time).

If you are able to see a particular team in more than one performance (exhibition or competition), you will sometimes find that they have used the same performance for multiple shows within the calendar year. However, you won't find too many good teams that use the same competition-based show for two years in a row; and teach that exact show to all new members and new steppers. UNLESS it is a routine that they keep in their "vault" to perform for low-level shows like a "welcome back" event or chapter programs. Most campus and certain local shows aren't worth the time it takes to create new shows--so you pull stuff from the "vault" that you already know.

Now that ZTA has become known for that routine, thanks youtube , they will want to create a new one for future competitions. THEY, meaning not a choreography and/or a nonZTA. If they can pull that off without outside help and without stealing steps, I say GOOD LUCK, and if they win, I say CONGRATS.