View Single Post
Old 05-28-2003, 03:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RedFox
Why I should be in a sorority...

I don't even know where to begin...when I clicked on the topic, its weird, but the phrase "why I should be in a sorority" seems kind of odd to me, saying, OF COURSE I'LL GET A BID B/C I AM THE BEST AND EVERYONE NEEDS TO KNOW IT. haha, NOT!! Regardless, however, AND being a PNM and all (not to impune the thread starter of course)...I think I'd be more comfortable with, why I WOULD want to be in one or why I think a chapter WOULD benefit in me being a sister....

and THAT I can talk about, so here it goes:

Reasons for wanting to rush and join a sorority in the first place:

Growing up I have always had best friends and good friends to talk about things with, whatever it may be, but really, when it came down to the REALLY important stuff, I turned to my two older brothers. Despite not being girls, they were family, people I could always rely on, trust and know that they would be there for me, no matter what I chose to do in life. But however, they were boys and I was a girl, the family baby as it were, and sometimes I wish I had a sister to talk about the "feminine" things, probably because I can relate to them more. I guess just be I've always been pretty outgoing and not really one of those people to hold that much in. Probably why I'm majoring in Psychology haha. But anyway...My mom was in a sorority and I just remember her telling me all about things she used to do, I saw pictures from old photo albums and I asked her why she joined her sorority when I was probably about 7. She has two older brothers as well and had basically the same intentions I did and turned out to be an amazing asset to her sorority, being Social chair and everything. Since then, I knew I wanted to join and be apart of something so special. I wanted sisters I could count on and that I could care about and support as well; and thats why I want to be apart of a sorority. Talking to some of you already on GC have made me just want to be apart of greek life so much more. Although none of us have met, I already feel so supported and I love that feeling. Its truly fantastic.

Being involved and having had experience with 5 completely different organizations have really opened my eyes to all different kinds of people, I love the diversity and get bored with just one type of someone. Thats what I think a sorority would bring, diversity but coming together for all the right reasons, kind of like a basketball game (not really but sorta) All these different people in one place all there for the sole reason of watching an exciting basketball game. Everyone has different reasons for being there, but the point is there are there, cheering each other on, etc. I kind of look at being in a sorority the same way. I just home I get my ticket hehe! If i actually had to categorize myself, I would be pretty high on the "rank" list. Its funny to hear me say that because I'm not cocky or self absorbed at all, but when listing all I have done and all of my goals, aspirations and hopes for myself, I'm a pretty well-rounded individual and I'm pretty confident with who I am as well: I'm smart, outgoing, funny, positive and optimistic, a great listener, pretty darn cute () and I have a personality to match. I tend to make friends really really easily and get close with them pretty fast. I have one of those personalities that I guess is addiciting (or at least most people tell me that hehe) I have goals and I am motivated and enjoy life and just being myself. I hope when rushing, sisters will see that also Thanks again to all those GC'ers that support us PNMs. You have all been so terrific and can't wait till recruitment begins!