View Single Post
Old 05-25-2003, 11:28 PM
GreekChat Member

pnms- 'why should i be in a sorority?'

we should ask ourselves this question.

with rush coming, chances are we wont be able to think straight. i was thinking today of stuff that i want the actives to know about me. (yes i am already rehersing conversations) then i started to think about why i should be in a sorority. i think it is important that we know who we are and what we want. i know i want to go into rush with a strong head on my shoulders and an open mind. lets talk about why we should be in a sorority and maybe the members on greek chat can help us in seeing if that is what sororities want in their new members.

why i should be in a sorority:

i take pride in my daily work. whether it is school or my job, i give it my all. sororities provide incredible opportunities for leadership, community service, and personal development. i want to be involved. i have the dedication, will power, and the heart to accomplish things. i look forward to running for executive positions that will allow me to present ideas and changes.
i know i am great representive. when i know that people see me as connected to a particular group, i know i have the responsibility to represent that group with intelligence and dignity. i want to grow as a person. personally, i like the idea of having close contact with other girls from various walks of life. a sorority is a great and beautiful addition to a girl's life.
i just know that i can be as beneficial to a sorority as it can be to me.