View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 11:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownxo View Post
My husband and I are going to his cousin's wedding this weekend, and I think it may be a doozy. Our invitation came addressed to "Dave and Samantha", which would be fine...if my name was Samantha. My shower invitation had the correct first name, but the last name was spelled incorrectly. To top it off, I received an e/m from the bride-to-be yesterday, and I'm still shaking my head. It reads, it part, " For those of you who have yet to buy us a gift, please note that our registry has been completed. Etiquette requires that your cash gift must at least cover your dinner. We paid $29.00 a plate, so each couple at minimum should give at least $60.00. Also, please note that we are having a money tree to help pay our honeymoon expenses. Thanks."

My husband has been begging me not to give them a copy of Emily Post's Etiquette as a gift. Sadly for him, it's already been purchased..I just don't know if I'm mean enough to give it to them.
Not only do I think they so obviously NEED an etiquette book, but I'd be tempted to include a note stating that you spent $80 on the book, so she owes you $20.

OR, you could hide money inside the book, and wait to see if she ever notices it. FWIW, new bills work the best (yes, it's been done).