View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlw23 View Post
Honestly, at a small school at least, age is not that great of a factor.

For example:
1.)My Big sister is 23, she pledged as a 22 year old/transfer/junior in Spring 2008
2.) A girl we just accepted for our Spring 2009 pledge class is 24 and already has an associates degree, ALL of her pledge sisters are freshman but she is not seen as an outcast and fits in quite well.

As for recs I really don't see that you'd need them, at least at my school they were completely unheard of (small southern school, at most 8,000 people) or But I really wouldn't know, best thing to do would be to contact Panhellenic anyone else in the Greek Life department at your school.
I know you're trying to be helpful but:

Not all small schools are alike.

What is true at your school is not always true of others.

I know PLENTY of small schools in the South at which it would be very difficult for a 24 year old to get a bid.

So don't assume that because the sororities at your school regularly take 24 year olds, doesn't mean that hers will.

Also, you don't know her school, so you can't really tell her that she does not need recs.

diamond_dreams: I would get to know your particular school and determine if 24 year old upperclassmen regularly get bids.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 03-02-2009 at 06:45 PM.