View Single Post
Old 08-31-2003, 01:47 AM
Super Moderator

lonnboe, great to hear ya'll are looking to expand. My father's a Skull, Omicron chapter I think (Oklahoma U).

I was a charter member of my chapter. Sigma Nu expands two ways: through affiliation (an existing organization that fits the national organization's requirments) and through creating entirely new colonies.

I'm not sure how the national director of expansion looks for potential locations to start new chapters. It seems that they have been going to schools where they get a tip that there is an excellent potential for expansion (like my school, the University of Central Oklahoma [which ya'll might want to look into]), or places there are obvious opportunities like UCF (we started a colony there last year).

Pre-existing organizations (mostly locals) can petition our national organization for permission to become a colony. Once granted, both types of groups are on essentially the same path.

I'm not sure what the specific criteria are for colonies. They are probably as much qualitative as quantitative.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma