View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGD-GRAD View Post
My condolences to the Bush family, descendants of a great lady who lived with her family always at the forefront. She was tough and opinionated, but during her time in—and around—the White House she promoted dignity, fairness and a morality. Her passing reminds us how low we’ve sunk in political decency, yet gives us hope that it once existed and can, surely, again. And I hope they allow pearls to be worn in heaven!
Such a lovely tribute for a lovely woman! This girl is wearing her pearls in her honor this week. Many of her fundraising teas started with "Wear Your Pearls, Girls!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by d59u View Post
Barbara Bush grew up in Rye, N.Y. and was an excellent tennis player. There are pictures of her winning tournaments at one of the local beach clubs. She and George were married at the Rye Presbyterian Church.

In about a month my daughter is moving into a house occupied by her father from 1949 until 1962 with his second wife after the death of Barbara's mother. Barbara did not live there but we know for sure that she slept there many times. My grand daughter was going to write her asking about her experiences in the house until we realized how frail her health was.

Some of her brother's children still live in the area and I have met several of the older residents who knew her family growing up. (I am a recent transplant)
Oh, definitely go for the back story! The worst that can happen is nothing!