View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 03:21 PM
GreekChat Member

ay ay ay hehe ok let me try this again. If you will read my original post with my original questions i think a lot will be cleared up.
Is it really that bad that i'm giving my current school another chance? I want to stay there and I think greek life will open me up to new friends and will make my college experience there more enjoyable. That is why i'm considering rushing. I want to transfer ONLY if things do not get better this coming semester.
Okay and for the BIG topic of discussion haha Correct me if i am mistaken, but just because you accept a bid, doesn't mean you are initiated. There is a time period in between and you can drop before you are initiated and have no further permanent ties with that group. I want to try it out because I feel it will help me blossom in my current school so I will no longer want to transfer. If I was happy enough to initiate with that group, I wouldn't leave them.
My question was in fact, that if I didn't like my school after trying things out, if I even receive a bid at all, would it be impossible for a Junior (that is what i will be IF i transfer in the fall) to get a bid. The SEC school I am considering as an alternative has many options for greek life. Are ALL sororities that strict about receiving Jrs.?

Sorry if i confused you guys that was not my intention at all. The thread got turned to a topic I wasn't even considering (transferring WHILE initiated) which is why I brought up the fact that I will be "starting fresh".

Also, I would never try to decieve anyone. That is far far far from my character. And nothing is secret, people would find out (to the boy in this thread??) My boyfriend is in a frat and I know sorority life and Frat life is very different. Atleast at my school. You really shouldn't encourage someone to cheat. What if a pledge tried to sneak one on your frat?

Thanks you guys!