View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 12:40 AM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiki246 View Post
Hi. I read all the post on recruitment advice and what not to say. I rushed a sorority and I rushed more than once and I did not do a thing that would fall under the category of "don't say this or don't ask that" and I still did not get a bid. I am a nice and friendly person and I tried to get around and speak to all the girls. I remember one girl even asked me if I would ever want to live in the house or be on their executive board and that was only my second night there. Where did I go wrong? What could I have done differently. Not getting a bid made me really upset and I have gotten over it, but there are still days when I see girls wearing letters and I say to myself "what is wrong with me? how come I did not get a bid?"

And this is kind of a different subject, when rush was over, some of the girls I spoke to and that were nice to me, will either not even look at me or give me a "haha you did not get a bid" or a "I am better than you" look. Why is this?
Unfortunately, no one here will be able to give you the answers you seek because we weren't the ones who rushed you.

Did you go through NPC rush? I find it weird that someone would ask you such questions during rush.

At the same time, the reasons why someone was cut/did not receive a bid are not disclosed to non-members as the membership selection process is private.

The things listed here are not the be-all, end-all of recruitment. Just because a PNM follows the advice here it won't guarantee her a bid.