View Single Post
Old 11-28-1999, 09:35 AM
GreekChat Member

The good news is that you should be considered an alumna of your current sorority and will receive all the benefits that go with that status.

What you've heard about not being able to join another group is somewhat true. Once you've been a member of an NPC sorority you cannot be permitted to join another NPC sorority. There are reasons why and I invite you to contact your Greek Advisor to discuss it. If you are not in an NPC sorority or are not planning on joining another, then you are welcome to join a sorority on your new campus.

I understand that your sorority experience was wonderful. Its great that you want it to continue but why would you want to join another group? You are an AEPhi (?)and that should be something that you treasure for life. Even though you said that you're going to a Christian college and your sorority is jewish, you still may want to look into expansion opportunites on your new campus for your sorority. My international sorority is "historically jewish" but we no longer expand with just Jewish members. I went to a Catholic college! Best of luck to you whatever you decide to do.