View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 03:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
I have mixed feelings about report cards such as these as they tend to perpetuate tiers and create more roadblocks for struggling chapters to break through to the next level. Considering the recent RM issues at PSU, performing well on a report card such as this is not necessarily an indicator that there aren't significant problems with a chapter.
I agree that there could/should be much more included in this report card. But, it is a start. I would like to see the number of members that DA listed. I think that would speak volumes about the quality of the experience in the chapters.

From a parent's perspective, it shares more than we knew before. If the pledge GPA is substantially lower than the chapter GPA, it sends a signal about hazing, all nighters, etc. If there have been a bunch of alcohol violations, it would be a red flag. If I had a student that was planning on rushing, I would certainly want to see this so that I could at least discuss and encourage my child to lean toward some chapters over others.

At the end of the day, we know that in virtually all of these houses, there is underage drinking. Some will get caught. Some won't. A clean report card does not necessarily equal squeaky clean living.

While not perfect, it is a fair start.