View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 06:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
In the plus column for you, colonies want members of all 4 years and it's a bit harder for them to find quality juniors and seniors who want to join.
In the negative column for you is I'm pretty sure I know what school you go to, and if I'm right, you made a really stupid decision to not go through and pledge when you had the chance. If chapter total is in the 160 range (and if rumor has it the colony will take that number, that's probably about right, but a little low) and you met likely somewhere around 10 girls during rush. You met a girl at preference who was tired after an excruciating week (double the amount of hours you spent on rush for what the members go through and wonder why every girl isn't bouncing off the ceiling by the end), and you thought some girls were hung over. So 160 girls were tired and hung over? Like I said, you made a stupid choice, especially considering (again, if I have the school right) that all of the chapters made quota and you would have had a large pledge class of girls to call sisters.

Make the decision about whether to stay or go with the current sorority based on your feelings for them and if you decide to quit then go through colony rush (you're right, there's really no point in going through formal as a junior there) and hope for the best. But it's time to learn what commitment means and sometimes you just have to make a leap of faith.
I get your points. It's not fair for me to judge a whole sorority based on meeting 10 girls. However, after going through several rounds with that sorority, I just didn't feel the chemistry. I regret not going through rush again but I can't change the past and am just trying to make things better with the decisions I've made….