View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 09:42 PM
GreekChat Member

I have to reiterate what shinerbock said, it's usually best to find out what some of the house's reputations are before you go. If a house has a terrible reputation, chances are that you don't want to be a part of their fraternity. Rushing a fraternity where you don't feel like you fit in is usually just wasting time. If you don't feel like you fit in, chances are they feel the same way and won't extend a bid to you. Thusly, if you find out what fraternities you want to avoid before hand, you'll save youself a lot of time.

If you still decide to rush every fraternity on campus, you will find there are some chapters you just don't mesh with, no one can fit in with every fraternity on campus. If you don't feel comfortable somewhere, don't waste your time. Cross them off your list. Do you really want to hang out with guys that are completely different from you and feel like an outsider? You shouldn't just be thinking, "Will these guys give me a bid?" You also have to ask yourself, "Do I fee comfortable around these guys? Are these the kind of guys I would like to call my brothers?" These are the same questions the fraternites will be asking themselves.