Thread: QUARANTINE!!
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 10:20 PM
GreekChat Member

My husband works for a large defense contractor and he's been working from home. Not sure when he'll be returning to work at the office.

With schools closed, I am no longer substitute teaching. I may or may not be taking on a long term assignment for a pre-kindergarten class at the beginning of the school year. Getting four year olds to wear masks all day, not allowing them to play together and no sharing of items will be...interesting.

My daughter is home from UCSB and taking her classes online. She's planning on returning to school in Sept. and there will likely be a hybrid approach. Large lectures will be online but her labs will be in person. Fortunately she already has signed her lease on her apartment.

My son is a high school senior who has now seen his end of the year activities disappear. His high school is trying their best to at least offer them a form of graduation. On 6/8/20 we'll join the rest of his class at the local drive in movie theater to watch the graduation video compiled of photos sent in from families along with the speakers who were filmed delivering their speeches. Last night was supposed to be their senior prom which would have been held up at the Science Center near downtown Los Angeles. However considering the state of civil unrest, it's better that they had to remain at home. He's now registered for classes to begin at the local community college this fall.