View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 02:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSteven View Post

I suspect these groups followed NPC protocol – contacted the campus panhellenic, college administration for approval. Also requesting and receiving approval by the NPC sorority HQ as well as the NPC Extension Committee. Maybe not in that order, but at some point, these groups signed off on the affiliation.
The key, though, is that all of those groups have to agree. It's not up to the PNMs. I just watched the expansion process at Washington University in St. Louis. After the sororities made their presentation, the Expansion Committee voted, and then the faculty/administration voted, and then Panhel voted. All of those groups had to agree before a group was invited to colonize.

To me, the real wildcard was the faculty/administration approval. Faculty/adminstration have their own ideas and do their own thing sometimes. The faculty at my brother's college refused campus recognition for Campus Crusade for Christ, but allowed the same group of students to affliate with InterVarsity. It's still a mystery to me. I could totally see a campus administration deciding it would rather have one philanthropy over another, or one member development program over another, or rather have a historically Jewish sorority over a historically Christian sorority for diversity reasons.

Quote:
In other words, pinning all your hopes on one NPC is counterproductive and stupid.
It's the same as regular recruitment. You really limit your chances of success if you have preconceived notions about what groups are acceptable and you limit yourself to only one choice.

Last edited by KDCat; 01-12-2012 at 02:41 PM.