View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 08:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
Be open to every chapter at UT. As far as upperclassman quota, in addition to what carnation said, I'd add that many "true sophomores" going through UT have a year under their belts on campus (so to speak), and have formed connections with actives in the chapters. This is a fact, and one that will help you deal with any cuts/releases you'll receive.

You've probably read through threads on UT here and elsewhere. So you should have a good understanding of what you're facing. And the threads on how to obtain recs are very helpful!

The bottom line is that you are going into one highly competitive system. Good luck!
---Okay, so I signed up for a Panhellenic group in my area. Fortunately, a lot of alumnae live near me. I also got an Internship at Rice University, do you/everyone think that would make me stand out from the rest?
---I am being very open-minded about this process but I do plan on doing recruitment, don't want to miss out on this for sure.
---Since I changed my major I am still going to be considered a freshman until fall 2018