View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 02:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DGTess
Quote:
Originally Posted by chi-o_cat View Post
I received my sorority’s national alumnae magazine, and they always feature of list of the chapters that made quota at the most recent recruitment, and it lists what quota was at each chapter’s campus. The range of quotas is incredibly broad- from some in the low teens to others in the triple digits. When I was in college, I don’t think our whole chapter even had 100 members.

What’s it like to be in a sorority that large- with a pledge/new member class of around hundred? I would imagine this makes the total number of members somewhere around 400? What are the advantages and disadvantages to having a chapter that big?
My chapter was around 25 at its largest while I was there! My pledge class was 7; we initiated 6.

I've often wondered how one gets to know all one's sisters in a huge chapter - and if you don't get to know them, then what makes the chapter different from any other club. I'm sure there are plenty of things, and different things to worry about (ever try to hold a social when only 20 people are playing dues?!).

I do know that I would not have gone Greek at a school with a larger Greek system. It's just not me. So I would have missed a lot.