View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 10:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Join APO after being in NIC fraternity? Reasons for and against?

I'm just wondering if any of you joined APO after already being in another fraternity or sorority? Or if you know of people who did this?

What were the reasons for doing this?

I know of a bunch of people who joined APO first and then joined another fraternity or sorority - some remaining active in APO, others not.

I know reasons for doing that - but how about going the other way?

-----
I am in a NIC fraternity, but it is a rather small chapter and our philanthropy is mostly non-existant .

I've been thinking about whether or not to rush APO some time in the future. I'm not a service obsessed person at all, but I would like to do some things and my NIC chapter definitely is severely lacking in that department.

How would my brothers take this if I decided to also join APO? I know that many brothers of my fraternity have also been in APO in the past - but I'm pretty sure that they all joined APO first.

APO at my school - while service based - seems very social. I had considered joining them mainly for the social aspect before I joined the fraternity that I joined. But this is just a thought in the back of my mind now.

I remain curious and intersted though.
If I do decide to rush, it would be Fall 2008 or later.

And another unrelated question: How connected to the Boy Scouts is APO? Do the Boy Scouts have a hand in APO?

I would appreciate any responses.

Last edited by pieceofpaper; 10-16-2007 at 10:57 PM.