View Single Post
Old 03-01-2019, 06:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD4Me View Post
(The reason I ask this is because her school is very legacy based and she is in a very popular sorority there at the University of Texas, they had a PNM go through with a 1.9 GPA when the minimum required for her sorority is a 2.5 and her sorority voted to “let it slide”, at what point do you think letting things slide sets one up for failure and how do you think sororities should respond to grades and GPA)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KD4Me View Post
How in the world did someone with a 1.9 get admitted to the University of Texas? I have known of girls with outstanding grades and involvement who were rejected.
This. I call shenanigans. I know girls with a 3.6 (and then some) out of high school who have not been admitted. With fall recruitment for UT, we're not talking about their college GPA, we're talking about their HS GPA, and I just don't buy that someone was admitted with a 1.9. It's gotten so impossible to get in these days.

For those who don't know the situation...read this blog post: https://www.theparentsdean.com/blog-...GGp38mnllcauAI

Adding - just saw the part about 2nd year. Even with that being a separate quota...I'm not convinced.

Last edited by shirley1929; 03-01-2019 at 06:15 PM. Reason: see "adding"