View Single Post
Old 04-20-2019, 09:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog121 View Post
Rushing as a sophomore! It didn't go well last year at all! After reading alll of these posts I know that it had a lot to do with my conversational skills. I had tons of rec letters but I guess it did not make a difference at all. So, should i go through the whole process and get recs all over again. Is it worth it to rush as a sophomore. I know that 2 of my fall roommates are rushing as Sophomores as well. So many of my friends don't understand why I want to do this again. I really thought I made a connection with some of these girls last year and I was really devastated when I was not picked. It just seemed to make no sense. I know they say trust the process and you will find your forever home but you know when there are places you just won't fit, right? It is not a matter of tiers. I know I am not a top tier girl but after being there a year I know which ones are just not me. So any advice?
Based on this and your previous posts, I have some questions. Were you released from recruitment or did you drop out? We can't tell you why you weren't invited back to chapters but how were your grades? Over a 3.0? How are they now? Well over a 3.0? Grades, recs, conversation,overall impression (clean,pressed clothing appropriate to the event, clean hair and nails,etc) all come into play. Dress and act as if this were a job interview for your dream job! And yes, you need to get your recs all over again. At least you know whom to ask now! Good luck.