View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 07:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Lewis University - main campus: Romeoville, IL (It has several other smaller campuses around the Chicago area).
Okay, maybe this is a little "mainstream." But usually the Roman Catholic universities & colleges don't impress me that much unless they are Jesuit. This is one that is the exception to that rule. Founded in 1932 by the Christian Brothers (Lasallian); it has approximately 6800 students. There are both undergrad & grad programs with a large selection of academic programs. There is a BA in Liberal Arts which combines any 2 minors for a total of 128 credits. So you could combine International Business with Philosophy, or Communication Studies with Contemporary Global Studies to design your own program of study.
The students could not be nicer when you are on compus. This is a beautiful little campus with a nice bookstore. The facilities and outside grounds are meticulously maintained. Things are expanding and the library seems to be having growing pains. There are several sororities and fraternities including some co-eds and a "fratority." There are most of the the NPHC sororities and a Kappa Alpha Psi chapter on campus.
My nephew said that some of his friends are going here, so it definitely has already been discovered. I can see why -it's an impressive campus atmosphere.