View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 09:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Day 2!!

Day 2 is philanthropy day (and in hindsight…by far my FAVORITE day!!)
We went to meet with our groups and waited for what felt like FOREVER for our schedules. Finally, they called my name and I got my paper, stopped and said a brief prayer, and then opened it. On this day, you can be invited back to a maximum of 6 parties and I was invited back to…
Karev, Bailey, Meredith, Christina, Webber, and George
My initial thoughts were: “Yay Meredith and yay a full schedule!!!” then I realized Derek and Izzie weren’t on my list. Not gonna lie, for a split second, it really hurt. I thought I made really great connections in those rooms, not only during the first day, but in the first semester as well. I had to remind myself that so many things go into a chapter’s recruitment beyond just the girls I had connections with and that I still had my top two favorites (Meredith and Christina) and plus I got to go back to both George and Webber! This was a relief because I was worried I made the wrong choice in picking Webber over George…it didn’t end up mattering anyway!

Onto the parties…
First was Karev - the room was decorated beautifully and I really enjoyed the setup today. We were led into the room then sat down in a chair where we then got to talk to an active for a few minutes before their video was shown. Their video was really touching and I felt that it highlighted their sisterhood and passion for their philanthropy so well. After the video, I got to talk to several more active members and they were all so great. This chapter really shocked me, I wasn’t expecting to love it as much as I did.

Next I went to Bailey, trying to keep as open of a mind as possible even after yesterday’s rough experience. The setup was the same as in Karev’s party, and their video was really great. After the video ended (this video felt a lot shorter than the others…), we talked to some actives. I talked to 3 girls here. The first girl and I shared the same passion for traveling and it was really great getting to trade stories about that, although I felt that whenever I would ask questions about their philanthropy, she would avoid them and jump back to talking about one of her study abroad trips. The second girl was really hard to talk to…again, just like yesterday, it just seemed forced and like a checklist of questions. I didn’t really feel like she was listening to my answers, just asking each question then waiting for me to stop talking and then answering the next. It was a little uncomfortable. The last girl shared my major and I really enjoyed talking to her. Still wasn’t a chapter I was super excited about but I was open-minded to the possibility…

I was SO excited to go back to Meredith next. A really good friend of mine picked me up at the door and this was the first time I got that little feeling in my stomach that just made me think that this was right. I could go on and on about this party forever because their philanthropy is my passion and their video actually made me a little emotional and I met so many great girls and had amazing conversations but it would end up a novel, so I’ll spare y’all. I didn’t want to leave here.

Lunch break and then Christina. This was one of the only parties we had to sit on the floor in, instead of chairs for the video. I did really enjoy that the girl we were with right before the video (I had gotten passed off a few times before we started the video) sat down next to you during the video and got to explain to you their experiences with each event that was shown and tell you some of their stories from their time as a Christina. Funny, kinda embarrassing story though…when we stood up after the video was over to start our conversations again, not only my foot but my whole leg was asleep!! I had such a hard time getting up without any feeling in my left foot, and totally struggled to walk for a few minutes. Luckily, the girl I was talking to was super sweet about it and laughed it off with me. The rest of the party was great and I really felt such genuine love from each girl I talked to here. I didn’t want to leave this party either.

Webber was next. Their video was so fun and they were having so much fun while it was playing. However, the conversation wasn’t great. The girl I was talking to seemed SO disinterested, kept looking around, and I felt like the conversation was so one-sided…me talking, her nodding, me trying to ask questions to get the conversation going, her answering really short…ugh it was so awful! I was really counting down the minutes until I got to leave!

My last party of the day was George. I was so thankful that although the cuts from Derek and Izzie hurt, I was able to go back here because I had such a great day here! I wish I could describe to you what their party was themed like but it would totally give away the sorority, but it was seriously awesome. I got paired up with some of the sweetest girls and their passion about their philanthropy really touched me. I really enjoyed my time in George.

My decision was easier today. I knew without a doubt that I wanted to go back to Meredith, Christina, George, and Karev. I just had such a great time there. I ranked Webber as 1 and Bailey as 2 for my “regrets.”