View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 07:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTimeSBX View Post
once i learned my daughters father was hardly worth the air he breathed, i swore she would not go without just because of him. i guess that was easy for me to say, seeing as how i only had one child, but it still made things difficult. i remember him asking if he could carry her on his taxes one year , i dont think i have ever laughed that hard! i told him hell no, pampers arent free. her food isnt free. the gas i put in my car to drive to work and pick up your slack isnt free.

i am not afraid to go without. i love to shop (when i have it to spend lol) and love to shop for other people even more. true, my child is not laced in designer everything, but she is always presentable, always polite, and nobody can tell the difference. the same way my parents raised me, and i am better because of it.
So not to be stupid, but how does it work? I thought the parent that has full custody gets to declare the kid on the taxes? How is he gonna ask for the exeption when he doesn't cover basic necessities?

I think that parents can provide for the basic "presentable" aspects for their children, i.e. cleanliness, neat clothing and politeness with out excessiveness or "conspicuous consumption". Yes, money does pay for aspects in life that one would never get, like a trip to Paris every summer in the Villa... But, if there is someone who vacations every d'Ete sur Ste. Tropez, I am sorry, but you would not be at GC posting.

I really do not like folks broadcasting their thoughts about richness. It is just another indication that they are really not rich in the first place. And it is in improper to discuss one's income.

Education is different, but there is a difference between educated and wise or learned. And wisdom is sage for the most part. As it relates to child rearing and poverty, wisdom and common sense teaching has nothing to do with one's economic status in life...

Because: You can place a 10 cent person in a million dollar dress and you still have a 10 cent person...

Or you can place a million dollar person in a 10 cent dress, but you still have a million dollar person...

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana