View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 10:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekdee View Post
Oh, she's at a mega competitive school alright. Is it in poor form for me to say which school? Would it help with thoughts on the best approach? Campuses can be so different from one another.

I'm friends with her aunt and uncle and have known them for a long time, but I also know her. In high school, she was involved with student council and band/flag corp all four years -- in other words, she didn't bounce from activity to activity, but was consistent.

I'll speak with her when she contacts me (which I understand she is going to be doing), but I really think she just felt like she couldn't find her home in the sorority she pledged. Honestly, I think she is going to be in for one tough haul. This school has 17-18 sororities and she was dropped by all except the one she pledged. Plus, re-rushing as a sophomore? I'm afraid she will be released from recruitment very early on.
In your next rec, you can give more suggestions for ways to talk to her or remind them that she is a quiet young lady who doesn't gush, etc. (if that is the case) .I would write the rec with the focus of your comments to be , 'Give this girl a good look. You missed her last time"