View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 03:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDLady12467890 View Post
I go to all the mandatory events, and reach out to sisters - asking if they want to go eat, study, etc. but they always ignore me. At the events I get involved, and sit with the girls yet they never include me in conversation, and when I try to speak up they always talk over me. It's not just as simple as "put yourself out there/make an effort". I do, yet it always fails. Everybody in my sorority has their cliques, yet I somehow missed out on finding mine. Also the president and VP Membership dislike me, and I've even heard of them talking behind my back. I want so much to have a group of lifelong friends and sisters, but unfortunately no matter how hard I've tried, it just doesn't ever work out. I've messaged nationals about it and they haven't replied even though I messaged them over a month ago. Also, the VP Membership and Pres dislike me so much they make it a point to find me in meeting, or other events where we're supposed to have our PACE Face on/be all made up, hair done, dress, heels etc. and they'll point out to me that me makeup isn't just right, or hair needs to be better curled or etc. also one time we had an informal meeting and it was comfort/pj themed so everybody came in without makeup and etc. and I get called out because apparently I don't look good to them without makeup on because I have mild rosacea, even though I think I look bomb af. I mean isn't a sorority supposed to be instilling confidence in others? Because according to what I've experienced, it's not.
Yikes. You messaged your national office about this? This is just about one of the biggest no-nos ever. Stick to the chain of command - start with your chapter advisors, then regional advisors, and escalate the problem from there, if needed. Don't skip 10 steps then wonder why you're not receiving a response, especially because this seems like pretty typical chapter drama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDLady12467890 View Post
And tbh it's not even me that they single out, they pick on everybody else in the chapter. They feel entitled because they're on the council, and they have singled out nearly every other girl who's not on council. It's ridiculous. We've brought it up and they had a standards meeting, but nothing's changed. Hopefully if i stay in our new pres will be 100000x better and better this chapter.
It sounds like it's just two members who are the problem. How many women are in your chapter? And how long have you been a sister?

Perhaps you need more time. Maybe you need to tap into your big's connections and friends - you said you're close with her. What about making friends with members of the newest or next pledge class?

@~/~~~~