View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 08:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephant Walk View Post
Yep. Every house.

If you don't visit every house you supposedly get kicked out of rush. A few houses have guys walk out on them, which is pretty funny.
So if they walk, does that mean they are kicked out of formal rush? Or do they just need to show up for short time, maybe sign in or get their ticket validated (what ever they need to do to prove they attended), and then bail?

And do the chapters have a limit on the number of men they can invite back per round? Again, I have heard that on some campuses, a chapter can can invite as many as they want up to a point. Also, may a rushee receive more than one bid? Again, I've heard that after the *preference* round, each chapter may extend a bid. It is then up to the rushee to accept the one he wants. But in other cases, just making it to the *preference* round is considered receiving a bid. Again, the rushee accepts the one he wants from that group.

For what it is worth, there seems to be various forms of an IFC *structured* formal rush with more campuses moving toward one of those variations. Granted not a heck of a lot right not, but more campuses seem to be implementing some sort of structure that requires that the rushee must attend at least one open house at each chapter. I know that Ole Miss has one of the more formalized rush structures and it seems to work well for them.