View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 05:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetpretty View Post
On the flip side, at other schools, like SEC schools, they can be WAAAAY above what AlwaysSAI quoted.
I think the average per month I would say is $450 at Ole Miss (based on what I know AOII pays and a couple of other sororities pay). Then if you live in the house it's around $1650 or more a semester because you are living there. Your first semester can be rather high. I think all of the sororities on campus have a Building Fund that new members pay. It is usually broken down over your new member period. There are plenty of sorority members at Ole Miss who work to pay their dues. It's all about communicating with your Financial Advisor/Officer and seeing if they can set up a payment plan. Also, if you contact your Greek Life office they might have some average amounts of what it costs. But just remember the first semester is usually the most expensive. Also, some sororities have "senior plans" for seniors who are doing internships/student teaching, etc so they will reduce your food bill portion since you might not be eating at the house as much or your social portion since you cannot attend as many socials. Oh and I have even heard about members working all summer and saving their money to pay for their sorority dues.

ETA: Please remember at Ole Miss all of the sororities serve 3 meals a day M-Th, and then on Friday 2 meals a day. They also have very large houses to maintain so the fees will be higher. Furthermore, most sororities include the social fees in the dues since most members attend socials. Some chapters do include t-shirt fees and recruitment fees for clothes in their bills. So it just depends on the chapter. I know this year AOII assessed a fee for one of their socials to help offset the costs, so it does vary. I know also with AOII we have a “technology fee” to help maintain the computers and pay for the wireless in the house.

Last edited by OleMissGlitter; 03-12-2008 at 05:12 PM.