Thread: UT Austin rush
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 04:45 PM
GreekChat Member

These girls are not so superficial

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
This is kind of a mish mosh of thoughts but bear with me.

Honesty time.
Every PNM who drops out because they "did not feel a connection" and wants a "better connection next time" generally means that they did not end up with one of the six or so chapters that everyone wants to be in. They are hopeful that one of these six or eight will "connect better" next time.

The thing with that is, these six or eight are the chapters that EVERYONE tends to feel connected with. That is why you know their names when people talk about the "best at UT." They're good at recruitment. They make you feel like you want to be them. It is literally their job to do that.

See also: These are also the chapters who are least likely to pick up sophomores because their classes are mostly freshmen who are known elements from hometowns, school, camp, etc.

I'm not saying do not try again. I'm just saying be honest about your opportunities if you are on the hunt for a certain type or tier of group. You may have diminishing returns with continuing to try a second time.
Okay, this seems like you're stereotyping an entire group of women. It is perfectly okay to drop recruitment because you don't feel connected with the houses you have left. It happens. I personally think you should stick with it, but it happens.
Many girls don't feel a connection with many of the "top" houses because, news flash, they don't always treat PNMs correctly. Its sad.

I dropped out of recruitment my freshman year because I didn't like the houses I had left on preference, and then I proceeded to go through recruitment again as a sophomore. I had an entire year to meet people and try to figure out where I might belong. As a sophomore on preference, I had a house that many consider to be the absolute TOP, and I also had a very middle tier house that I had never heard a single bad thing about. Guess what? I chose the middle tier house.

To say that many of these young women are dropping out of recruitment simply because they didn't get a top house is a little insulting. You're saying that they're that superficial. Its not okay. I know a girl that was cut by bottom tier houses and was devastated even though she had top tier ones left because she really liked it there. I know another girl that out of an absolute top house and an absolute bottom, she chose the bottom house because she felt like she belonged. A lot of girls flat out don't care about tier, and instead more worried about finding their home. And as for the girls that actually are so eat up with tier that they drop out of recruitment, they probably won't respond, change, or be open when people judge them!

So many good girls have a rough time during recruitment at UT. Its normal. Dropping does not mean you are only concerned with tier.

As far as being a sophomore, LITERALLY EVERYONE takes sophomores. It CAN BE an advantage. Every house has a sophomore quota!! It is nothing to worry about!! I'm an active here!! I know!!

Last edited by DeltaGlamorous0; 10-09-2017 at 03:41 PM.