View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 06:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSteven View Post
Sorry, I am sure I am not explaining it correctly.

Again, for potential ease of discussion, say a chapter has 60 bed spaces which is allocated evenly to 20 bed spaces per academic year. In other words, 20 sophomores (Class of 2014), 20 juniors (Class of 2013) and 20 seniors (Class of 2012) live in.

Now this past rush (fall of 2011), the bed quota would have been 20 based on the number of graduating seniors in spring of 2012. Say with additions, the chapter pledges 30 women (the Class of 2015). And over the next two to three years, all members of the Class of 2015 move into the chapter house thus increasing the number of bed spots for that one class to 30. And decreasing the number of beds for other classes. Meaning not as many sophomores or juniors would be able to live in the house. That can be viewed as a negitive at UNL since most women do want to live in.

Then when Nebraska’s fall 2014 recruitment comes around, the “bed quota” would be 30 based on the senior class membership of 30. While the chapter could still pledge up to 30 as their bed quota, they may not be able to get to that number simply because the overall pool is lower that year. This chapter would then be competing with all the UNL chapters who also need to fill their beds as well. And if a chapter does not fill their beds, they may be perceived as having issues.

Does that make sense? I can “see it” in my head, but I am not sure if I am explaining it well.
Ah, okay, you are saying that taking more this year means you can take fewer next year. That's something different, and yes, it makes sense.