Thread: Fake?
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2001, 06:47 AM
Banned

Lightbulb

I would agree that they are not being fake, I would however suggest that you be careful how much time you spend with chapters in public before rush. Speaking from experience, I rushed both fall and spring semesters of my freshman year (deferred rush where freshmen could only join a greek letter group the second semester but could go through 1st just not accept a bid). I had hung out with the ladies in one sorority (deltas) mainly because I had good friends in another (alphas) and wanted to get to know the deltas more before making a decision. needless to say that come bid time in the spring I got bids only from deltas and thetas even though I went to all the houses. I later asked my alpha friends and they told me they didn't give me a bid because they thought I was definitely going delta because of the time that I had spent with them. I did pledge and initiate into Delta but I didn't really have much of a decision to make because, to some extent, alpha had made it for me. note: this isn't a regret in a way, but rather an experience.

I would really be careful that you don't let others make your decision because of what they see ('oh, she must not be interested in us anymore because she's spending all her time with them.')

Sorry for the babbling! =)

Sarah